Sunday, November 8, 2009

Electro Lovin' - Wolfgang Gartner




Alright, so I've decided to turn this blog into a music and etc.. kinda blog now. Considering my friends on facebook are probably getting annoyed from all the youtube posts going onto their newsfeed- Hahahaha apologies my ppl who do have me on facebook, although I have gotten lots of feed back and all, I just think this blogspot would be a way more convienent.

Ok... So this 1st music entry would have to be about one of my favorite electro house Dj: Wolfgang Gratner

A couple friends and I were lucky enough to get our hands on 3 tickets to go see him at The Modern Night Club last month and I'd have to say, Wolfgang put on one sick show. Even though we were ticket holders and waited outside for a good hour and a bit... it was well worth the wait.

For those who dont know much about him, let me fill you in:

Wolfgang Gartner aka Joey Youngman born and raised in California picked up the love of electro at the tender age of 11. He synced drum beats to his keyboard and started to teach himself how to beatmatch tracks with his 4 deck tape player to his other 2 deck tape player at age 12.

By 2004 he was in the San Fransico house scene and after successfully releasing dope tracks, he was signed and started touring. With all the glory and fame, Joey got lost into drugs and checked into rehab. With time to think, he found that his love was not for the money, drugs and fame, his love for music was far greater than anything. He cleaned up and left rehab, he wanted a fresh start and that was when he went under the alias "Wolfgang Gratner"

After witnessing a wicked set, hearing about his story and how he came about to be come the world-known Wolfgang Gartner- it just makes you love and appreciate his music way more.
Madd props to a dope DJ- No doubt!

For those who have not seen him, he's back in town throwing sick beats December 17th,2009 @ The Modern Night Club. For more information and ticket purchase : http://www.wantickets.com/affiliates/EventDetail.aspx?id=392&e_id=83816&title=WOLFGANG-GARTNER


Here's a taste of what you're in store for. If you get a chance to go... I Promise, it'll be the best $35 dollars you've ever spent in your life



He played this song and the whole club went banana's!!



And lastly, my favorite song he played that night. Dope remix !








No comments:

Post a Comment