Thursday, October 7, 2010

Canucks Talk: SOB...The cute ones always get the boot!


Although, he only lasted a good 2 seasons, I have to say I'm a little disappointed that he isnt playing for us Canucks anymore. Known to frequent The Roxy and rumored to rail in the bathroom, all in all ... the partying caught up with him. Don't get me wrong, he's an amazing defense man on the ice, well... when he wanted to be. He showed his dedication to the team during play-offs last season, but I feel wasnt given a chance to show off his skill and was unfortunately given the boot. 

"Last year, I stepped up when we had some injuries and helped our team win the division, and I thought I played with a lot of heart in the playoffs. Every time there was an injury, I'd play well. And when (the guy hurt) came back, I'd go right back to the bottom of the barrel. It's tough to play in this league when you know if you have a bad night, you're going to the press box. After two years, it was still the same thing. No matter what I did I didn't seem to stand a chance with that guy.
"This whole Roxy myth - my first year in Vancouver I did hang out there a little too much. Obviously, there's a lot of things I would have done differently. But the thing that really made me upset is you look around an organization and there's always stuff that goes on during the year, and they try to keep it behind closed doors.

"With me AV just went right to the press and buried me and that made it worse. Everything else that happens on that team they try to keep internal. But when he had a chance to bury me in the media, he did. He never seemed to have my back. I'd by lying if I said I thought I had a chance with him from Day 1."




WAH WAH WAH.. you all may say... but i think if he was given then chance, he would have worked his way back to being a great attribute to the team. Good Luck in Nashville.. I'll miss that SOB!

quote provided via http://www.suite101.com

No comments:

Post a Comment