Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My Top 3 Drum N Bass Tracks

If you haven't noticed, I'm all about music. As you would feel naked without your cell phone, as I would myself, but I would feel just as naked without my iPod. Its part of the morning routine self reminder before i jolt out the house in the morning; " Wallet... Cellphone...Keys... Puffer ( I'm asmatic)...iPod!"

As a teen, a good portion of my allowance went to purchasing CD's and hitting up raves, yup... I did say raves. This was a point in my young life that I discovered an amazing genre of high tempo, super up beat, fast, high vocal, hard bass music. I've seen many talented head-liner dj's from across the globe going to these parties. Aside from everyones differences, we all went there for one reason... and one reason only, music!
Different people from different walks of life, joined together to have an amazing time! A lot of money I spent on these parties, although I've outgrown them, those parties I would have to admit had to be one of the best times as a teen.

From trance to hardhouse, electro house, break beats, dubstep and my favoritive drum N bass. I guess its my fascination with percussions, faster tempo tracks with the "umph" of the bass, drum N bass always put me in a good place. Upbeat ... yeah ... thats the word for it!

So I've posted my top 3 dNb tracks ... and they is why they are!







Pendelum: Streamline


I remember the 1st time I heard this song, my ex and I blazed and  had put this song on the CD that was playing while we were in the car. It was in the middle of the night, we reclined the seats back and I remember being so blitz as I dont smoke it often enough and staring out to the night sky; spackles of stars ripped across the dark night , this song started pumping. Sounded very galactic and futuristic like something a astronaut that just smoke a fat doob would pound  it in the space rocket as they were orbiting the earth... or I would at least if i were him. I think the next time I go to the Planetarium and watch one of those space shows... im totally blazing before hand, and pumping this jam and enjoy!






B-Complex: Beautiful Lies

I remember this one because it was a rainy day, I got in a huge fight with a friend, I was going through my little "Cleaning" rampage just to get my mind off things. I was listening to the Ministry of Sound podcast and this song came on. In this case, this song has vocals but no words, and for some reason every time I listen I hear anger. Like one of those R&B tracks that you listen to when you're pissed off, that you can relate to, yadadamean? The vocalist singing with the beat and tempo just gives off a painful cry, like shes trying to burst and run away from whatever is holding her back or making her mad.
OR... I could just be crazy :) If there were to be a music video... i invision black and white, lots of running and broken plates. Dont ask, I just do!



Ben Sage: All About You

This is my ALL TIME FAVORITE drum and bass song. Why? Because Ben Sage is a muh fcuken genius!
Close your eyes and press play, within the 1st 30 seconds I feel like I'm in the city village in the country side of Japan way way back in the day ( think Memoirs of the Geisha) on one of those carts that people pull you around in with cherry blossoms blowing across the air. Then all of a sudden you hear Tracie Spencer's voice.. yup you guessed it! Ben Sage took the r&b track " All About You" by Tracie Spencer and mangled it in . SICK... he is just SICK! I know you may not be a big dNb fan, but im sure you just caught yourself bobbin' your head to it. YEEAAAHHH i know... just sick!

Oza xoxo <3

No comments:

Post a Comment