Wednesday, October 20, 2010

One guy I can never get sick of listening to... GRUM!

Electro house you say? Yeah, I'm real big on that as well. Mind you when i was introuduced to the up tempo'd type of music, I was 14, my sister took me to my very first rave ever, and it happened to be an out door rave. I had never really heard too much of the house music scene, but mind you trance and hard house were the big-up's during that time. So amazed by how there were different types of house music, lil me bounced around 13 different stages to explore with my eyes and ears. I still thank my sister to this day, for opening my mind to house music. 
Dont get me wrong, I grew up with R&B, Hip Hop, Jazz, Rock.. you name it, but a little house here and there can't hurt anyone. I know... I know...  * Ushhh ... Ushhh .. Usshhh.. ushhh* ( while fist pumping), is more of an acquired
genre of music, and is appealing to a certain audience, But I like this shit! And Grum for sure is up there on my Electro house artist list!

Play the 1st track I posted and tell me it doesn't make you feel like your at Shine way back in the day in back room ??

Grum?? Who the F*ck is Grum?? 




Graeme Shepherd aka Grum, is a Scottish Electro/Funk/Disco House/ French Pop artist/ DJ that resides in the UK. 
In 2004, he left his home town of Linlithgow to study Music Technology in Huddersfield, England and by 2006, this music student began emailing his tracks and mixes to bloggers and ... you guest it, the rest was history. He was at one point the 2nd most blogged on the web.


At this point, word spread like a cancer and reached the right people. Kevin Mckay of Glaslow Underground label loved what Shepherd was all about and tracked him down, then setting him up with his own little label called Heartbeats.
He started remixing different artists covers since 2007 and released his own singles in late 2009/early 2010 such as, Runway, Sound Reaction and Heartbeats to name a few. Earlier this year, Grum came out with his debut album Heartbeats (released May 2010), a 1980's inspired track list which is comparable to Daft Punk's  Discovery album. 
Can't Shake This Feeling and Through The Night are his first two official videos for this album.


Lady Gaga, Passion Pit and Friendly Fires are known artist that have asked for his  remixing services.
He is currently touring the U.S with The Tweleves.


Take a hear at the tracks I've posted, I'm sure Grum will now be part of you playlist.




xoxo Rosa



























info via (LastFM)

No comments:

Post a Comment